Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Thanks, ***** ***** rim shop claim I defaulted on my layaway

Customer Question

Thanks, ***** ***** rim shop claim I defaulted on my layaway since it was 4 years ago. Even thoe he never called to tell me rims were in. Gaps between visited were wide but I don't think the rims were ever purchase by him to sell to me. He said when most of the full amount was paid he would order rims.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I haven't, don't know which type of lawyer to contact.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes thanks, ***** ***** his company forfeit all layaway after 3years. But at the beginning he said it didn't matter how long it would take. My last payment left a balance of less than two hundred dollars. Never did I get a call for me to pick up rims.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened. What state are you in?