Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I am seeking representation Defamation, libel, and slander

Customer Question

I am seeking representation for a Defamation, libel, and slander case. I am an educator, and a Blogger is defaming my reputation by posting untruthful information. The Blogger has caused me my job and has crafted false documents and sent them to my employer causing me to be terminated.
As an educator the information that he is posting is harmful and detrimental to my future employment possibilities.
Here is a copy of the website:
www.newrochelletalk.com
Based on the definition of defamation:
Bringing a claim against another for defamation requires that the following criteria be met:
• The statement must be heard or seen by a third party (someone other than the person who made the statement and the subject of the statement)
• The statement must be false
• The statement must cause injury such as social rejection, harassment, job loss, etc.
• The statement must not happen in a situation that is protected from accusations of defamation (i.e., witnesses testifying in court, lawmakers in the legislative chamber, etc.)
I meet this threshold.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately, we do not take cases for representation. My suggestion to you would be to contact a local attorney. You can find top referrals by contacting your city or state bar association and ask for a civil litigator with experience in personal injury claims. They keep lists of the top attorneys in each practice area.