LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.

My bank gave out information and documents to my girlfriend

Customer Question

My bank gave out information and documents to my girlfriend who is not on my account
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon David,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. What is it that you want to accomplish? Are you asking whether you have a cause of action to sue the bank?Doug
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am ,they gave her a letter that was addressed to me about overdraft fee and 2 pages of my bank statement without even asking her name this also was 5/3 bank
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon David, You appear to have a meritorious claim for Invasion of Privacy and you might consider suing the bank in your local small claims court. Under Indiana law, you may sue for up to $6,000 in small claims court. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug