Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

A writ of Garnishment was sent to a Garnishee that I never

Customer Question

A writ of Garnishment was sent to a Garnishee that I never have/had an account I see in answers to the Writ a parenthesis (V) does that mean the Garnishment was vacated?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the writ was sent to someone you have no account with, then what you see is their response to the writ to notify the court that they cannot comply with the writ as there are no such accounts. So if the response was filed, then that writ of garnishment is vacated, yes.