KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW

I wish to sue Dell USA whose corporate office is in Texas.

Customer Question

I wish to sue Dell USA whose corporate office is in Texas. Is that a problem for Small Claim Court? And do I need their registered agent in Florida IF they have one?
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 5 months ago.
Good morning. What is the claim amount.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 5 months ago.
In Florida, you may sue a Dell a Texas based company/defendant in Florida for any action, that is under $5,000. There are several criteria you must meet to start the small claim lawsuit. The contract or sales agreement must have been entered into in Florida, you must find out the registered agent and address in Florida, you can locate this by the Secretary of State, Corporate Division, in Tallahassee at(###) ###-####or at When calling the Corporate Division, you will be able to find out if the business is incorporated, the name of a corporate officer or registered agent and an address for service, and the dollar amount must be $5,000 or less, excluding costs, interest, and attorneys' fees, and it must be filed in the county in which the transaction occurred.I hope this helps.