Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

Am I eligible security or disability due to the

Customer Question

Am I eligible for social security or disability due to the fact I suffer from severe depression, social anxiety, and I am starting to lose my motor skills. My Dad had Atrophy of the Brain and he went from 100% to confinement in a wheelchair in less than a year. I am worried I may have the same thing.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. You may be eligible for disability if you have a condition that affects one or more major life functions and is expected to last more than one year or end in death. Talk to your doctor about your prognosis. If the depression and anxiety makes it impossible for you to work long-term, that could help you get disability. Losing your motor skills and brain atrophy will almost certainly qualify you. You just need a doctor to diagnose the condition so you can start the process of seeking benefits. If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.