Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

The last names of my daughters have changed and their addresses

Customer Question

The last names of my daughters have changed and their addresses have changed too since my will was written, would like to bring their last name up to date.
My address has changed also,does that have to be changed.
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Technically, you aren't required to change the will as long as your children can prove that they're the same person you identify in the will. Further, your address isn't required to be changed......as long as your address was correct at the time you made the will, that's all that really matters.
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
But, if you wish to make these changes, you can execute a codicil, which is a fancy name for an amendment to the will....and in that document, you can note the changes you want and attach it to the will.