Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
19127644

I have recently went to a nail salon to get eyelashes put on

Customer Question

I have recently went to a nail salon to get eyelashes put on ,they gave me a different person than i normally get ,she did not know what she was doing.as a result my eyes became very irritated and red I had to get them removed from someplace else which cause me a massive amount of pain, money and the loss of my eyelashes.I have tried to contact the owner but the customer service manager at will not give me any information or let me talk to the owner she is been very rude and dismissive and tells me to take a Benadryl.I am now having to go to an eye doctor and a Medical doctor to make sure that my eyes are not damaged. I was just wondering if I actually had a good case before I spent money on a lawyer.thank you ,any information you give me would be helpful
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for the information and your question. There would be no way that I could guess whether or not you would have a case against the salon without having all of the facts, including those from the salon, the employee who did your lashes, your doctors, etc., in order to determine if there was negligence on their part. However, if you have financial damages that are less than $10K and you are not wanting "pain and suffering," then you could file suit in small claims court yourself without an attorney. You would just need to be able to convince the court (the judge) that your eye problems were a direct result of negligence on the part of the salon's worker. But, as mentioned, there is no pain and suffering in small claims court. If you want to go further and ask for pain and suffering, you can sit down with a personal injury attorney and discuss your case and see if they think it is worth pursuing. If they do, then they will take your case without you paying any retainer fee since personal injury attorneys take cases on a contingency basis. Please feel free to ask for clarification. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you
Hello again,I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 18th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies, or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit(paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox. In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/Thank you.