Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I did remove the vehicle when I issued the check that I was

Customer Question

I did remove the vehicle when I issued the check that I was advised to stop by an attorney. I also think if there was any attempt to defraud it was on the part of the property owner as I did notify him of my information and show the title and registration even befor the legal notice appeared on the lot. I also filed a Fla DMV complaint by fax with DMV rep. R***** ***** of FLDOT who told me to call the police to remove the vehicle which I did but they were only able to advise me of repleven. The property owner did not send the required notice of the procedure until the day after I stopped the check. zDick
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.If you have the vehicle the issue over stopping payment on the check would mean you would have to fight him in court over him not being entitled to collect for storage when he forcibly held the car. If you have an attorney you need to have him dealing with this because stopping payment on a check can be a criminal offense and turned over to the DA if you do not resolve it. Tell that attorney you did what he said now you are being threatened and he needs to intervene