Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

My dog has been hurt by a groomer. They put a bow directly

Customer Question

Hi! My dog has been hurt by a groomer. They put a bow directly on her ear and that cause my dog's ear swollen and painful. I took her to the vet. The vet told me it is really serious situation because if her ear turn to purple or blue in 48-72 hours, they need to remove her entire ear. I tried to contacted the manager in that grooming salon. He said he need to talked to vet to know what's going on. He refused to communicate with me. However, he even told the vet they never put any bow on any pet. He just lie and be irresponsible for all the things. He didn't give me an apology. I'm really worried about that and IDk if i need to sue them.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
Hi- my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
If the groomer's work was negligent and caused harm to your dog's ear, you would have grounds to sue for damages -- including the your veterinarian bills.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
You could also seek damages for pain and suffering and emotional distress if your dog loses her ear.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
Once you know what is going to happen with your pet, you should issue a demand letter to the groomer for the damages and expenses you have.....and if the groomer fails or refuses to compensate you, then you should consider hiring an attorney to file suit for your damages.