CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I have a quick question..... What are the steps to

Customer Question

Hello... i have a quick question..... What are the steps to take if I want to change my daughters last name to my?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 5 months ago.
Dear Customer,The name change process is fairly straight forward, it does require a court hearing (really just an appearance), but the Illinois Legal Aid has a very helpful self help site that walks you through the process.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank You....... i want to take her fathers last name and give her my but i had no clue where to start looking for info.
That would be a good start. As you will see, a name change does involve both parents. I do not know what the nature of your relationship is with her father, but the name change process can be more complicated if one parent does not agree. (I believe the resource I provided above gives information for both possibilities).
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
So even if he is not present in her life when the time comes for this process, if he does not agree with the name change everything will be a lot more dificult to resolve?
It will be more complicated than if he agreed to it, yes.But, I would recommend going through the link I provided above, it does give you a good idea of the process and how to go about it.