Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

We have been in a partnership dispute few years. Unfortunately,

Customer Question

We have been in a partnership dispute for a few years. Unfortunately, we ended up with a court ordered receiver being put into our restaurant four moths ago to run the business. We discovered last month that the general manager assigned has been stealing from us almost on a daily basis for quite awhile. Since my two sons work within the business they managed to get quite a few pieces of documentation to prove it, including deposit slips that he changed, reducing the amount of cash going to be deposited into the account. We also had a written complaint from a waitress that he made a crude remark to and then gave her a $100.00 corp. check as a tip for going to staples for him. When the lawyers went to court to meet with the receiver and judge to give a financial report on the business my lawyers brought up these issues because we do not want this manager in our business. The judge refused to listen to the complaints or to look at the documents. All she wanted to know was how much money was in the bank account and the financial status of the business. We are stuck with a guy that is verbally abusing our help and ripping us off, but the judge wouldn't deal with any of it. Our lawyer was very frustrated with this. What can we do about this. We now have a thief running our business that is going to crucify my sons and the staff for complaining about him.We need help!
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
Was the receiver appointed pursuant to New York's CPLR 5228(a)?