LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

My ex daughter in law will not reimburse me bills I

Customer Question

My ex daughter in law will not reimburse me for the bills I paid in the house she refuses
to reimburse me I am a widow and this money was left for me, she also took several items from me my husband I Pad which we paid 900.00 for it also an antique silver tray
the value for the tray was 2,700. What this person did to me is not right I need some help on getting my money back from her. thank you for your time on this matter
Mary Pikes (###) ###-####
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 9 months ago.
Mary, good afternoon. Was there anything in writing to evidence the agreement for her to pay you back? Was this a loan? Also, how did she take these items?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
she did have a list as just gave me all of the bills to Pay I do have a ledger on all of the bills I did pay for her including the rent on the home the amount of money is what I paid out for her I did blew me off
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
she has two jobs I now I know she can afford to pay me back, she has also stolen money from her father which was over one million
Thank you for the additional information. You have a legal right to sue her, for money owed. You can file a complaint with the court and you would need to show there was an agreement to pay and this was not something you did voluntarily. I agree that what they did was not right but you will need to to show the Judge that she asked to borrow the money and/or asked that you pay and that she would repay you. You can start by sending her a written demand and if she fails to comply or is unwilling to try and settle, file suit. I know it is not ideal but this is a civil matter, so you would need to sue her and obtain a judgment, to get relief.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do have the names is of the companies I paid will this work for the judge
If she were to dispute and challenge the payment, then Yes but you first need to show that she agreed to repay you. She may acknowledge and agree that you paid these companies but it does not mean you did not do this voluntarily
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have the names and name of the bills and the amount I paid out for her bills will is work for the judge
No, it would not. The key thing is to show that there was an agreement to pay. You may have paid these to help her out and be nice. Paying the bills does not evidence she agreed to repay you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do have the names of all of the companies I paid out on the bills will this work for the judge
If you can show there was an agreement to pay, then you could present this for the judgment amount
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
she does now what bills I paid for her she is being evil over this If I know that was going to happen I would not right any checks for her I did this because of my granddaughters
Yes, I 100% understand. As I shared, you can sue her and recover if you can show there was an agreement that she repay you.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any additional questions or needed me to clarify something? I am here to help, so just let me know.