Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

I bought a service over the phone yesterday. I found out it

Customer Question

I bought a service over the phone yesterday. I found out it is scam. the paper I signed said I could revoke this at anytime up to 3 days before my account was debited, which is 6/16. when I called to do that, I was told I couldn't do that. what do I need to do?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what do I do", "what are my rights", or "what are my options" we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How do I proceed to cancel this service?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
when do I get an answer?
What type of service was it that you signed up for?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
debt relief. I was told they could lower all my credit cards to 6.9 %
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They called one of my credit card's bank and got me a 0% transfer for 12 mos. which I could have gotten myself. They say I am liable for the payments because services were rendered. Is this correct?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Not necessarily. If the agreement states you can cancel, then you can cancel. In addition, California has a three day cooling off period during which you can cancel certain contracts if you send them a written notice of cancellation. Not all contracts are cancellable (known as rescinding a contract) so you have to make sure yours is one that is. My suggestion is to go and see a local lawyer today or tomorrow and have them write the letter for you on their letterhead. That is more likely to get the company to just agree to cancel instead of fighting with you. There's an article on the process at and then another one at