Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Attorney
Experience:  Twenty one years experience as a lawyer in New York and New Jersey. Former Appellate Law Clerk.

I want to find the criminal records of my deceased father in

Customer Question

I want to find the criminal records of my deceased father in law "Richard Polidoro" who lived in Attleboro Mass as well as Pawtucket RI
All the free web sites are not free to find this information, and I feel they are scams.
Can you find them for me, or guide me to the best/safest way to find out?
I know he spent a lot of time in jail, and need to settle my conscience as to why he was there.
He was in Walpole State prison when he met my mother in law and they married when he got out, then he got re-arrested and died while in the system.
Expert:  Thomas Swartz replied 5 months ago.
Hello Denis,For Massachusetts, you can try the Massachusetts Department of Corrections - Criminal Offender Records Information. On the left hand side of the page in the link just given, click on the link "Criminal Records Request." I am not sure if this will actually work. You may have to be the actual person who has the criminal record. But give it a shot. You will have to login to create an account, and then state the reason why you are making the request, and enter in information about the individual you are looking for. On the link above, you can also find a sample response that would be generated by a criminal records request. This will give you an idea of what information you will receive if your request if successful.I hope this helps.Thomas
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

The link did not work. I did find the page and they need his birth date and I do not know it, and I'm not sure that's all they need.
I am at a loss :(

Sorry the link did not work. But if you found the Department of Corrections Criminal Offender Records Information page you should be good. In terms of the birth date, if you can't get this information from other relative, you can try some other sites that may help:Massachusetts Registry of Vital RecordsAncestry.ComGenealogy.comI hope this helps.Thomas