Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My Mother is dying and gave me financial POA. Her husband

Customer Question

Hi my Mother is dying and gave me financial POA. Her husband is the beneficiary on her Ira but my sister is worried we won't get any money and he has been verbally abusive to my mother. She is in a nursing home now. I am scared to cash it all out in my name. Tax amounts and his rights? My mom is 75 yrs old. The total in Ira is 88k
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Not sure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..Does mother agree with you cashing out the IRA?..thanksBarrister