Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

How do I file a response to application of default

Customer Question

how do I file a response to application for entry of default - civil casae
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: is there a format
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: reference sale of aircraft to a thiod party now the they are trying to get a default judgment aGAINST THEM - I AM JUST LOOKING IF THEIRE IS A FORMAT FOR SUBMITTING TO sUPERIOR cOURT OF az
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The format for objecting to the entry of default is the same format as the application for entry of default. It has the court name and state at the top of the page, then the case name Doe v. Smith, then the case number.
Then under that you type Objection to Default Judgment
Then you would need to explain why default is not appropriate. If they are not seeking default against you then you really do not have many arguments for objecting to that default, since you can only represent yourself in the case, not the third party.
There is no pre printed form for the objection though, you have to draft it from scratch.