Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My name is***** have had 3 back surgeries 1st surgery

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** have had 3 back surgeries 1st surgery was a bone fusion July 8,2014 2nd bone fusion September 5,2014 3rd bone graft I had a broken screw the first time now the 3rd time I have another broken pedicule screw nether one of the fusion or graft took I'm trying to find out if there was a recall on screws and I live in Texas.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would need to contact a local product liability attorney and you would need to get them the name of the screw manufacturer as well. They would have to search their court records and even if there was never a recall on the screws that is meaningless because if the screws broke, they were likely defective and as such it is grounds for your own suit and you do not need to have prior suits or a recall in order to have a product liability suit against the manufacturer.