Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer

I have a green card here I wan to open a free trade company

Customer Question

Hi I have a green card here I wan to open a free trade company and register few trade mark products with my siblings who live out of Usa and do not have a green card is this legal thanks
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
A non-resident of the U.S. is free to form an LLC or a C corporation under the laws of any state he chooses. However, they cannot be a shareholder in a S corporation or elect S corporation status for tax savings purposes. If you are actually offering goods or services to US based consumers at the time of filing your trademark application, then there is no problem as anyone from anywhere in the world can file a trademark application in the USA. Otherwise, you will have to come back within a year and prove that those goods and services are actually being sold to US based consumers.