Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I was selling six acre of land and agree that buyer pay all

Customer Question

I was selling six acre of land and agree that buyer pay all the legal feeds and get $6000 for LAnd then my niece said said he was going to pay this partr and he would pay her back,he back out, and now she wants me to pay back the money he agree to, saying that she the it for me.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Did you have any type of deal or agreement with your niece? In other words, did you have anything to do with the buyer borrowing the $6000 from your niece?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No she did for him to make the wait shorterq
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
I understand. Thanks. If you had no deal between your niece and the buyer in regard to this money, then it should not be your problem if something happened and the buyer has backed out. If the niece has a claim for a return of her money, it should be against the buyer --- not you.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
I understand her wanting her money back, BUT if she gave/loaned the money to the buyer, and then the buyer paid the money to you, then you should owe her no duty at all. Your deal was with the buyer ----- and where he got the money really isn't your concern or liability.