KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

What paper do I have to take with me? My brother-in-law has

Customer Question

What paper do I have to take with me? My brother-in-law has the title to a boat my husband sold to him. The boat was been signed over to him by my husband. (Before my husband passed away.) But apparently the motor was not, and the law says the motor should be signed over too. So.....what paper should I take in order to have this done?
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon, what state are you located?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ohioe
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 6 months ago.
Per ORC. 2106.19, you as the surviving spouse can take one boat and one motor in your name without probate proceedings in the court. You must bring in the Title to the "motor" and te "death certificate of your husband into the county clerk of the courts for your county, and they will processing the "motor" into your name. After it is transferred into your name, you can then transfer it to your brother in law.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 6 months ago.
If you have any other questions, just ask. If not please rate the question for credit and tracking purposes.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 6 months ago.
If you have any additional questions, just ask. If not, please rate the question for tracking and credit.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 6 months ago.
If you have any additional questions, just ask. If not, please rate the question for tracking and credit