Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I have had Life Ins with One company since i was 18.I am 60

Customer Question

I have had Life Ins with One company since i was 18.I am 60 now. In 1996 I went out of work because of Meneries Disease.My Policy at this time was 150.000.00 coverage. I had disability on my insurance.My company was horrible at acknowledging my plan. They finally did and then 10 yrs ago.they sent a notice that even tho Social Security Disablity saw my Disease as disable.they didn't and stop my wavier.I adjusted to what i could afford ,which is 25.000.00 for 80.00 a month.I do believe i have been done wrong by this company but i am unsure how to make it right.Can you give me any advice for a next step? Since i have reached the age of 60.I would like to make this wrong a right for my family.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I'm a little confused by your facts. Can you tell me exactly what you believe the company did that was wrong. Also, I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what is your advice, "what are my rights", or "what are my options" we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.