Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

I have an outdoor retail garden center business. As a customer

Customer Question

I have an outdoor retail garden center business. As a customer was going through the side vents she bumped her head on a board. Can she sue me for hospital damages
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 11 months ago.
I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of experience handling litigation matters. It is a pleasure to assist you today. The answer to your question is that she can certainly sue you. The better question is can she successfully sue you? The answer to that will depend on the nature of the situation, and whether or not the board she bumped her head on presents a premises liability issue. Basically, was the board in such a place that is what likely that a person that was an invitee would be injured by it? If the answer to that question is yes, then you have some legal exposure here. If the answer is no, then you can likely win in court, should she elect to file suit. Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively (three or more stars) so I can receive credit for my response. Best wishes going forward!
Did you have any additional questions or comments?
Just checking in this morning to see if you have any additional questions or comments. I want you to be as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks