KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW

I have been billed every month 1/2 to 4 years from my

Customer Question

i have been billed every month for 3 1/2 to 4 years from my contractor. I have insisted, that I am the one who took the loss and I owe him nothing. A year ago i told him I was going to court because in actuality, he charged my insurance co. for work not done, This is money that should have been a credit, therefore I dont owe him. He suggest that he would split the bill. I tried calling him several times, he would not respond, and continued to send me a bill every month. 2 months ago, I got a bill again, this time He arbitraly added interest for the past year. About 17% a month. for a total of an addition 1500+. I was shocked, I wrote him again and we agreed on a charge of 1500, to eliminate all the stress of this constant billing. higher than his last year offer. I agreed to make payments $50 a month for 30 months due to him by the 5th of earch month.He sent me a rediculous contract agreeing, but clauses saying if Im late, I then owe him the past bill ammount, of the original 2200 + plus all the made of finance. I asked him to please take out those clauses. Or we go to court. He has not responded to phone calls, texts, or emails. please advise.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 5 months ago.
Good morning. The agreement he wants you to sign would work against you in court. The case of him over billing your insurance would be hard to prove if you signed the agreement to pay the $2,200 plus finance charge. You may have a case against him for the overpayments and if you sign this, that jeopardizes the potential action. You should also report the overcharging to the insurance comany to investigate his work and billing.