How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7243
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a general contractor that hired a cement subcontractor.

Customer Question

I'm a general contractor that hired a cement subcontractor. I have signed the contract agreement for cement contractor to take out old slab and form and pour for new slab for $2664.00. The contractor removed old slab. But I decided I didn't want him to form and pour concrete. Tear out slab cost 350.00. I asked for my remaining balance of contract that I paid in full and the subcontractor refuse to refund me. What legal action can I take to get the remaining balance of $2314.00?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Unless the agreement called for the sub to be paid the full amount regardless of whether the entire job was completed, a court should award you a judgment for the refund. You will have to sue in small claims court on the legal theory of "unjust enrichment" and hope that the sub remains solvent enough to pay the judgment. I hope that my Answer has been helpful and that you will enter a positive rating for my Answer so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.