Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

Can lawenfrocememt tape conversation on a phone if you are

Customer Question

can lawenfrocememt tape conversation on a phone if you are not being investgated.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Law enforcement is supposed to notify you if they are recording conversations, such as when you call into their office. All 911 calls are recorded and that is permitted whether they inform you of it or not. If they are recording for some other reason then they are supposed to have a warrant to do so.
If they have a warrant issued by a judge then they can record whatever the warrant allows them to record.