ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney

If there is a civil lawsuit against me regarding unpaid debt,

Customer Question

if there is a civil lawsuit against me regarding unpaid debt, will i still able to call the lawyer of the suing company to make arrangements. the civil suit is already filed on May 2, 2016 but i have not been served yet as of today May 14, 2016.
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. You can absolutely contact the lawyer representing the entity suing you, even though the case has already been filed. Now I would first verify with the court clerk that it has been filed (if you have not already done that) and don't just take at face value what someone tells you that calls you. But you can absolutely be in communication with the attorney's office, even after the case is filed. MOST cases settle between filing of the lawsuit and before trial. That would not be possible if you couldn't communicate with each other. So you absolutely can contact them and try to work out a deal. Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?
Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)