P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience

If I was convicted in a military court and I know I am innocent

Customer Question

if I was convicted in a military court and I know I am innocent and I was in Virginia and now I am back at home in texas wher do I need to seek help in texas or virginia
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can I appeal the military decision in civilian court or can I get expungement
You can not appeal a military conviction in civilian court. You have to appeal in the military system. There is no federal expungement...but you can apply for a pardon from the President after 5 years.Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.