CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I bought a tractor that was supposed to be a dependably tractor,

Customer Question

I bought a tractor that was supposed to be a dependably tractor, but my mechanic said it will cost me more than its worth to get it dependable. I called the man I bought it from and told him what I learned. At that time he told me he would not give me all I paid for the tractor but he would pay 5000 dollars. I gave 7500. I agreed, but he never made good on his offer. Now he no longer gets back with me. The last correspondence I told him I had talked to my banker and he said to have the seller get in touch with him and as soon as he give my banker the 5000 he would release the lien. I was told I could get a lawyer and sue him for my money on account he sold a bad tractor, plus he said he would return my money, plus there was something on taking advantage of a senior. I am 75. Can I get my money or do I have to continue paying on the loan until I can pay it off, then maybe I can get it fixed?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 5 months ago.
Dear Customer,I am sorry to learn of this situation.You do need to continue making payments. Between you and the bank, you are still obligated under your loan contract with the bank. (that contract is not affected by any fraud or breach of contract claim you have against the seller).However, you do not need to retain an attorney to pursue the seller in the state of Texas for this dollar amount. In Texas, you can sue for up to $10,000.00 in damages in small claims court, quickly and easily, without having to retain an attorney. See: here is another resource for small claims (Justice Court):