Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I own and operated a Mechanic shop with a small house next

Customer Question

I own and operated a Mechanic shop with a small house next to the shop in Kenly North Carolina (Johnston County) since about 1998 and since then I have encountered nothing but problems with the city of Kenly. Drugs was delivered and place on my property. In 1999 my firearms was taken. Shortly after there was a mysterious fire on the roof of the house. When I got there I was arrested and charge for disorderly conduct. In 2003 my automobiles (22 to 30 ) was removed from the property and given to other neighboring business. When I ask the Chief of Police about the automobiles I was threatened by the chief to leave Kenly otherwise he was going to kill me. I left Kenly for several years but still owned and pay taxes for the properties. The property was broken into by the Kenly Police who contacted the county building inspector and have the property condemn. Later the Town Manager and Chief of Police told me that I have no rights and that their was no one above them and they already condemn the house and they were going to condemn the shop and take the property and anything on it and their was nothing I could do about it. During all this time I was continuously getting letters from Kenly that the grass need cutting and that illegal activities was going on on the property. As far as am aware no illegal activities has ever take place on my property. In the process of trying to put up a fence the chief try to stop me but I continue and finish putting up the fence. Now the city have filed an abatement civil suit against myself and spouse and we're currently in court. What are my legal right against the Town of Kenly?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
How long ago did all of this happen, since there is a short statute of limitations which is the time you have to file any type of suit against them (generally it is going to be 1 year from the actions you are complaining about to sue them over their actions and if you missed that time limit, it is too late to sue them for anything)?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If you go back and look at what I wrote you really did not answer my question for $58.00.
Thank you for your reply.I did not ANSWER anything for you YET. I posted an information request.If all of this happened in 2003, then you are beyond the 1 year statute of limitations to do anything and that is what I was trying to clarify with you because 2003 was the last date you mentioned in your original post.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The harassment over this property is still on going with the Town of Kenly as we speak. We are in court right now for abatement of this property.
Thank you for your additional information. That is the type of thing I need to know about that you did not tell me about.
So please tell me more about what is going on with this current matter and what has happened in court thus far, because that does have a bearing on the information I provide you.
Forgive the delays, I am in and out of airports yesterday and today traveling on a client matter.