Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My aunt took my son out of the county with out asking me and

Customer Question

My aunt took my son out of the county with out asking me and she has been gone with him over a week now
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Ok I have full legal and physical custody he there is a restraining order against the mother my has been helping me take care of my son for round two years he's a he I have full legal and physical custody he there is a restraining order against the mother my has been helping me take care of my son for around two years he is about two years old recently she just decided to go to Palm Springs without saying anything to me they keep saying that she's going to be back in a day or two and then she's not showing up I'm starting to really worried I miss my son I'm also aware of the fact they hired a lawyer so I'm really confused
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: Are you a real person
JA: I'm an assistant to the Lawyer. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: Yes I recently failed an at-home drug test with my aunt
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you contacted the police, since taking your son without your consent is kidnapping and she can be arrested and prosecuted. That is your next step. If they have hired an attorney, then they are going to seek to try to go to court and get custody away from you. So at this point you need to file a kidnapping charge with the police against her and then you need to prepare to get your own attorney to try to defend yourself against the hot drug test, because that can be legal grounds to take the custody away from you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello
Yes, did you have further questions?