Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I got into an accident and swiped due to an improper sighn

Customer Question

I got into an accident and swiped due to an improper sighn in the city of ny. What legal recourse do I have I took pictures of the sighn and damages to mine and the other vehicle.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
It is possible to sue the city for negligence in having improper signage, but you'd have to prove that the improper signs caused or contributed to the accident.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
This will likely require proof from an expert -- highway safety professional, etc. -- unless you can find a city ordinance or road rules guideline that specifically provides what type of sign should be in this location, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's the sighn
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
That certainly looks confusing with one sign on top of the other....and it could be a justified basis for a claim. But, you'll need to consult a lawyer about suing the city and giving it the proper notice to file a claim.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
When you speak with a lawyer, he/she will likely consult with a highway safety expert and evaluate your claim.....and if a justifiable cause of action exists, you can pursue the claim.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.