Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I live in O'Fallon Illinois. I am a permanent resident in a

Customer Question

I live in O'Fallon Illinois. I am a permanent resident in a hotel. I have been here for 19 months. This is my primary residence. I learned today that the hotel is being foreclosed on and I'm not getting any good information from anyone about what is going to happen. What are my legal rights as far as whether the bank comes and takes it over or if it is sold to a new party? My understanding is this transition is going to take place Monday at the latest.
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me: what do you mean that you are a permanent resident? Did you BUY a suite? Or are you simply perpetually renting? If renting, is the rental in writing, and when does it end/renew - how often? Etc. This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!