Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I took some ammunition components into work because another

Customer Question

I took some ammunition components into work because another employee had expressed interest in my reloading hobby.
9mm case, 45ACP case, .308 Wim case and .223 case all hand been previously fired and the old primer was still inserted.
4.5 grains of Unique smokeless powder, 7.5 grans of Accurate #5 five powder, 42 grains of 4084 powder and 40 grains of Varget powder. All of the were in separate plastic vials.
in a small plastic bag I had 1 Small pistol primer, 1 small rifle primer, 1 large pistol primer, and 1 large rifle primer.
Also in another bag I had a 9mm bullet, a 45 cal bullet, a .30 cal bullet and a 22 cal. bullet.
Admittedly these are all the components that would be need to assemble 4 cartridges. However it would also require specialized tools to assemble them.
Someone saw this at work and turned me in to HR. In our employee handbook it mentions ammunition and explosives are forbidden to bring to work. Since these were the raw components and not assembled, I would not consider them either. I also think that BATF and SAMMI also do not consider the components as either explosives or ammunition.
Anyway my employment was terminated. I am wondering I wrongfully terminated>
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpAlso, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. I am sorry for this dilemma...can you tell me, was this a union job?