Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I am the beneficiary of a irrevocable

Customer Question

My name is Gene. I am the beneficiary of a irrevocable charitable trust. My sister is the trustee who dispurses monthly amounts to me. I know that she has always disapproved of me. She has been withholding funds that I believe should have been dispursed , which she said she had invested so I would have money when the trust runs out in 8 years. I only was given a partial copy of the trust doc, so I can't read to find out what she can or can't do. I ask the attorney who drew up the trust, to please send me a complete copy. He sent me 5 pages, out of a Trust doc that is at least 200 pages long.
How do I get a complete Trust Doc? Am I not entitled to one as beneficiary. The attorney that drew up the doc is under retainer to the trustee, and said he only takes orders from the Trusttee. If I did get the full doc and see that the provisions had been abused, what is my next step? She has been withholding fot 7 years, and money not disbursed to me is taxed at 40% which should have disbursed to me in the first place, I'm in the 25% bracket with many deductions, and many dollars went to pay the IRS that shouldn't have .
What to do,
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
you said 8 min, and it's been over an hour . I have to leave please don't debit my card, I may call again.Gene
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. Where is the trust located?