Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a matter of a public transit driver making defamatory

Customer Question

I have a matter of a public transit driver making defamatory statements about me with proof that they are false and they were certainly meant to harm. The driver had also made nasty statements about me regarding my sexuality and even some racial comments. I have a witness who has written a letter for me stating that he did say these things.I also recently learned that the driver made the comment that he would not pick me up if he saw me waiting for the bus. My biggest challenge is that many of the harassing messages that he sent were through Facebook and we mutually blocked each other so I have no access to the information. I was able to produce a conversation between me and the witness indicating something had definitely occured. The driver had also informed me that he had self reported the incidents to his employer who told him "everything was fine." This is going back nearly 2 years. Most of these events happened while he was working. I recently filed 2 complaints with his employer and they have done nothing about the matter except telling him to "follow work rules." This seems like it would be negligent retention as well as failure to supervise. Do I have a case and how do I present this to an attorney?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
What is your relationship with this driver? How did this issue start? Why were you two sharing information on Facebook?