Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.

I have court in the morning. I have a lawyer. Up until the

Customer Question

I have court in the morning. I have a lawyer. Up until the last couple of hours I was under the understanding that I was going to court in the morning to take a plea agreement and be given house arrest so that I could continue to care for my animals, work and pay bills. I do NOT have anyone that can do these things for me as I have recently been a victim of domestic abuse and had to have my boyfriend leave the apartment. NOW I am being told that I am not guaranteed house arrest and this is not the first time that my lawyer has brushed off my concerns and made things seem one way only to turn them around later. I am extremely concerned with what is going to happen tomorrow since this was not what I agreed to. I don't know what to do or how I would go about talking to the judge or prosecutor to find out what is going to happen. I need to know if I should exterminate my counsel or what I should do. Can I get a continuation in this circumstance without risking loosing the plea agreement terms? HELP!!!
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 5 months ago.
You don't talk to the prosecutor or the judge without your lawyer being there and telling you to do so. It's possible that the lawyer wants to pressure the prosecutor for a better deal right up to the last minute, but he should tell you what you the state will recommend. Judges usually follow those recommendations. A lot depends on your record and the seriousness of the offense. Good luck. Let me hear from you after court tomorrow.
I hope that my Answer has been helpful. If you need more information, please send me a Reply. If not, I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my Answer so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.