RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

My name is ***** *****,I work 4 extended stay hotelin Westmont

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** *****,I work 4 extended stay hotelin Westmont Illinois,my question is am I legally obligated to give my supervisor my cell phone number if I have it changed
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer, I look forward to assisting you this evening. No, you aren't legally obligated to give them your cell phone number. There is no law that I can point you to, state or federal, that requires an employee give this information to the employer. That said, it may be a condition of your job that employees give this information to a supervisor so that should they need to contact you, they can. Also, keep in mind that Illinois, like most other states, is an "at will" employment state, meaning you can be terminated at any time, for any reason (such as refusing to give them your new cell phone number) so long as you are not terminated for an unlawful reason, e.g., because of your race, sex, or religion. If you need clarification or additional information, please reply and I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, kindly remember to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars or happy faces before you sign out, so I am credited for assisting you. Thank you!