Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.

Cbs collection agency just called me about a bill from an ambulance

Customer Question

Cbs collection agency just called me about a bill from an ambulance servec in 2007. I thought it was paid am I still responcable for it?
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.Michigan has a 6 yr statute of limitations for breach of contract claims, which is what their claim is.If they are contacting you now, the debt has long since expired and they can not collect it from you. Send them a certified letter, pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, demanding they stop contacting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.