Albert Marmero
Albert Marmero,
Experience:  Partner at Long, Marmero, & Associates, LLP

Some company sued me personally work they did for

Customer Question

Some company sued me personally for the work they did for the Corporation which I am a shareholder. I also counter sue them and went to court and lost. Now I found out that they sued me in a wrong court. The work they did was in Contra Costa County, I live in Alameda county, and they went to court in San Joaquin county.
Can I ask the court to Vacate the judgement on the basis of wrong court and wrong person. I signed the agreement as one of the officer of the Corporation.
Please advise.
Ramesh Sood (###) ###-####
Expert:  Albert Marmero replied 5 months ago.
Did you raise the issues of improper jurisdiction and improper party when you responded to their lawsuit and in your countersuit? If you did not raise these issues as defenses, then you would be barred from raising them now and they would not now be a basis for seeking to vacate a judgement. If you did raise these issues, then yes, you seek relief based on the judge's potential incorrect decision. (Please note, I do not know all of the details of your case, so I cannot render an opinion as to whether or not the judge was correct).I hope you find this helpful. If so, please provide a rating so I receive credit for responding to you. Also feel free to ask follow-up questions should you have any. Thanks!!
Also, feel free to upload any case documents if you feel this would be helpful.