Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Can an FMO cut your renewals out totally reason except

Customer Question

can an FMO cut your renewals out totally for no reason except greed on their part? Also they made me sign a contract stating that I have no contact with the Advantage plan clients I personally wrote if they release me, is this in compliance with CMS??
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. 1. What is FMO and CMS?2. What is this "Advantage plan clients"
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
You are not an insurance lawyer for Medicare???? CMS is center for Medicare Medicaid. Advantage plan is the type of plan they control!!!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
FMO is the broker that holds the contracts for agents.
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for the education. I will opt out and try to let another expert with experience in this area assist you. Your deposit is still intact.