LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I purchased a 2004 gmc Denali yesterday 5/10/2016 from a private

Customer Question

I purchased a 2004 gmc Denali yesterday 5/10/2016 from a private person (not a dealer) I have found some alarming problems with the car and want to return it (the owner does not want it back) I did stop payment on the check. How can I reverse the sale?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 8 months ago.
Good afternoon. What are the issues and how did you discover these? Was any representation made by the seller?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I looked under the car and found everything rusted and some areas were falling apart; I missed this when I first looked at the car. This is serious rust and not surface type.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
does Fl law give the purchaser time to back out of the deal?
Thank you for the additional information. If this was purchased from a private seller and there was no warranty given, then the vehicle would be sold "as is". It is the obligation of the buyer to inspect the vehicle and perform their due diligence, prior to purchasing it and Florida law does not give someone the ability to back out of the deal, once they buy it and take possession. You shared that you saw this after, so as long as they allowed you to inspect this and did not hide or misrepresent anything, the vehicle would be yours. Now, you stopped payment on the check, so that may be an issue which they now have and need to deal with, so I am sure you will hear back from them once they are aware. However, Fl law does not give you a chance to back out.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.