LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

I have a tenant that I am in the process of evicting. The

Customer Question

I have a tenant that I am in the process of evicting. The tenant verbally and physically abuses me. Last night, they threw a dozen eggs at my home
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I am in process of that
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: The lease we have with the tenant expired some time ago. They have been month to month. My rental agreement states that during this time frame, either party has the right to terminate the rental agreement providing a 30 day notice. I have done this formally with them and in the process they continue to verbally threaten me. I just ignore it, but it is very stressful to myself and my family.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: My tenant did not provide me with the information that he was charged with a felony, criminal sexual conduct and has several name alias'. I had to find this out later, and the hard way, I guess - my fault.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If the tenant has verbally and physically abused you and has thrown eggs at your home and defaced the property, you want and need to call the police. His actions are criminal and he can be prosecuted. Moreover, you could file for eviction as a result of this, prior to the 30 days expiring. If the 30 days still have not passed, you can advise them that if they do not cease and vacate, you will proceed and file a police report and see that they are charged and they can deal with that in addition to the eviction.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The tenant was not seen or recorded by security cameras carrying out this aggravated act of harassment egging my house. the information from the sherriff's office indicates I need proof that they are the ones who did it, even tho it is obvious. I can and will document the evidence that I do have with images
If you saw them, your testimony/statement is evidence. If you are assuming it was them, because of what is going on with the rental, then it would be harder to charge
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or concerns. I am here to help so please just let me know.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I feel we have the right to exist in our home peacefully and to feel safe.We previously witnessed him to be standing in our back yard, peering into our sliding glass door, in a strange manner.When he could see that we saw him, he fled. My fear is that he is some type of sociopath narcissist based on very strange behavior.I am trying to be strong but i am afraid he is dangerous based on his actions
Yes, you do have a right and I 100% understand. If you have such concerns, you can go to the court house today or tomorrow and file for a protective order against him.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I cannot substantiate my fear. He has an arrest record, criminal sexual conduct level 1... I did access arrest records today, there were three for failure to register himse
These are all things to address with the court, along with your personal observations and experiences with him
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.