Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Find me a lawyer with Fl and NY jurisdiction: But you need

Customer Question

Find me a lawyer with Fl and NY jurisdiction: But you need to delete the city from the public posting. I already contacted the local bar and lawyer referral and in both states, it seems like a waste and futile. Neither service had the ability and search capacity to isolate criteria to find lawyers . One of the bars phone voicemail had a recording of being full.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }A:link { }

Thank you for your question.

I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com

There are very few attorneys who have licenses in multiple states, so it is quite possible you will not find one at all. The type of lawyer you are looking for depends on the type of case you have, not based on where they are licensed. So you need to look for an attorney where you are located and then you can ask them about getting you an attorney licensed in the other state if necessary, but finding one licensed both places is a very difficult task indeed (there are some, but they do not list themselves in that manner, you need to look for them based on what type of case it is, which would be family law or estate law or elder law in your situation)>
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Malicious intent to abuse the elderly? would that be criminal law?

Mental and emotional harassment?

Thank you for your reply.

It is criminal only if you have been charged by the district attorney and arrested, if not it would be a civil matter.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

What lawyer would look over the details to see if there was valid proof to show malicious intent by a caregiver being perfunctory and ignoring directives of a member of a family that was places care-giving instructions. A litigation lawyer?

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Generally, an elder law attorney would be best to review the evidence in the case to determine if the person was justified or not in ignoring the instructions.