Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

How can I find legal representation to recover $3805 from my

Customer Question

How can I find legal representation to recover $3805 from my carport contractor? I received a Code Enforcement case they ailed to file building permits with Board of Adjustments. I personally filed my application for special medical permit for front carport $400, paid for surveys$400, & second contractor to bring the structure up to code. The builder will not refund. I'm basically paying for structure twice. Medical exception has been requested for my mother recovering from. Stage 4 Lymphoma brain cancer. The safety & quality of structure is in question it's missing bolts, braces, incomplete welds, etc. I went through to secure their professional who is registered to build with the city. If I get a judgment their legal department will review for removal to their site.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.
You need to file a Small Claim against the Contractor at your local Courthouse. You can obtain Small Claims forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.In the alternative, you can try to retain the services of a local consumer Attorney to file the lawsuit for you. You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys: Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.