Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

We do HVAC work Home Shield and Coldwell Banker

Customer Question

We do HVAC work for American Home Shield and Coldwell Banker Real Estate. We did an HVAC inspection for Coldwell Banker and we noted that one of the two unit was low on Freon and was not cooling well. Approximately 3 month later we got a call from AHS to perform a service call. We never mention anything about the unit having corrosion on it. When we call for approval we were told that the claim was only 5 days old and they denied any further repairs. We have just found out that we are on legal hold because we said the
unit had corrosion on it and we had not noted it on our inspection thru Coldwell Banker. AHS will not issue us any service calls unit we clear this up with their attorney. To this date this attorney has not returned a single phone call. She did email me one time to tell me how busy she was in court and if she had time she would call me. She has never called me or emailed me since that email. Everyday we are on legal hold we lose money.
Can you give me any advise that might help.
Thanks,
Stanley Nobles ***@******.*** (###) ###-####cell (###) ###-####office (###) ###-####fax
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Hello. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

How much are you owed? What does your contract provide as far as your remedy for payment disputes?