Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I recently discovered that some of my merchandise which was

Customer Question

I recently discovered that some of my merchandise which was to be sold through my business actions has been taken by my former wife. How do I proceed with legal action?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. There are no lawyers available through my city's legal advice consultation. I cannot afford an attorney.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: The merchandise was taken a few years ago and I just recently discovered the theft. I researched this matter and it should fall under "taken by trick" which does not have a time limit.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  legalgems replied 5 months ago.
What state is this in regards to?