How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 111609
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I contracted kidney disease after about 7 years of taking proton

Customer Question

I contracted kidney disease after about 7 years of taking proton pump inhibitors. My condition improved a little after a nephrologist had me stop taking the medication. I've had about $7,000 of out-of-pocket expenses so far. Visits to the nephrologist will be on-going since the kidney disease will never completely heal. Do I have a case against the drug company?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have the doctor to testify that the pump inhibitors caused your harm, yes, you could seek to file a suit for product liability against the manufacturer of the drugs. These cases are never really easy, but they all require a medical expert testifying on your behalf that these drugs caused your condition that you are suffering from. Once you have that, you would bring that proof to a local product liability attorney, because these cases need to have an attorney representing you and cannot be done pro se, and they will take the case from there.

Related Legal Questions