Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I contracted kidney disease after about 7 years of taking proton

Customer Question

I contracted kidney disease after about 7 years of taking proton pump inhibitors. My condition improved a little after a nephrologist had me stop taking the medication. I've had about $7,000 of out-of-pocket expenses so far. Visits to the nephrologist will be on-going since the kidney disease will never completely heal. Do I have a case against the drug company?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have the doctor to testify that the pump inhibitors caused your harm, yes, you could seek to file a suit for product liability against the manufacturer of the drugs. These cases are never really easy, but they all require a medical expert testifying on your behalf that these drugs caused your condition that you are suffering from. Once you have that, you would bring that proof to a local product liability attorney, because these cases need to have an attorney representing you and cannot be done pro se, and they will take the case from there.