Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I need some legal advice solving this situation. I left an

Customer Question

I need some legal advice solving this situation. I left an envelope with $3,400 dlls in one of my kitchen drawers. In that same drawer I keep the pens and office stuff. Everyday an ABA Therapyst comes into my home to work with my autistic child. This new girl (she is a momentary replacement of our Therapyst and she hasn't been working long with us, and won't stay long aether, since our Therapyst is about to come back) opened the drawer looking for a pen earlier that day, later I got distracted and left the Kitchen for a little while, leaving the money unatended. The envelope is gone now.
What I have read so far about geting my money back is not optimistic since I have no proof that she took it or that the money was there to begin with, basically is a my word agains hers situation.
My question is though, are there any legal actions I can take against the company who send her to my house? The people wh hired her and didn't check her background and gave her our case to work with? This is delicate and serious stuff, they send strangers to work inside the homes of developmentally desabled kids, I feel terrible since money is not even important here when I think of all the time that this person spent alone with my son, whom can't comunicate effectively. I feel that the company should be held responsable. Thanks
Expert:  legalgems replied 6 months ago.
Is it a fact or a suspicion that the background check was not done? Also did the company make a representation that there people were screened?