KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW

My son is 45 he was convicted of a drug felony 30 years ago

Customer Question

my son is 45 he was convicted of a drug felony 30 years ago 3 months before his 16 birthday these records according to the judge were supposed to be sealed evidently
they never were it came up on a background check on of all things UBER never in the past has it shown up that we are aware of do we have any recourse to get rid of this i would appreciate anything you can recommend thank you - diane
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 5 months ago.
Good morning. The first thing he must do is obtain a copy of the conviction from the court or state records regarding the conviction. After that if it does not show up as sealed, then depending on the state and the charge, he can take steps to correct the entry.